Thursday 28 April 2011

Chocolate Fondant Cupcakes...

I am practically a baking professional. As my 2nd attempt to bake something other than Blueberry and Almond Muffins (my fave!) has resulted in total and utter success...I feel euphoric. I used the hummingbird bakery book again and it was relatively simple, it did take me a while, 1.5hrs to be exact, but it was worth the patience and I actually found the process quite therapeutic. Rob will be so excited when he gets home and sees a cake stand full of chocolate fondant cupcakes...lucky boy!

Process in pictures:

Dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking soda, chocolate powder, sugar

With the eggs and milk

Ran out of matching muffin cases

Left in a tad too long ;-) I wasn't deterred

Chocolate cream: Dark chocolate and double cream

Make a hole and fill with chocolate cream

Pop the lid back on

Cover with cream and hey presto delicious chocolate fondant cupcakes!

I'll just have the one...YUM!

I think I'll half the ingredients next time, 18 muffins is a bit much for a family of 3!
xo.


1 comment:

  1. how can we make it if we don't know how much ingredents to put in?

    ReplyDelete