Wednesday 27 June 2012

Pod I like...


Yesterday I travelled down to London for work, thankfully this trip didn't involve getting up before the sun so I wasn't as useless as I usually am and managed to get up, get on a train, work and arrive at our London office with a Summer infused spring in my step. Lunch came pretty quickly and I headed out to Pod…an amazing eatery that does all sorts of delicious deals, I had the mini Thai Green Curry, sufficiently sized (for me) and totally YUM. After devouring this meal I foolishly decided to look up its weight watchers pro points value…why? Because I like to pretend that I follow the programme….well, I do follow it in the sense that I review the value of what I eat, yet I don't stop eating when I reach my points allowance, ever. Mainly because if I do all I can then think about is eating and this programme of review, ponder and then not impose restrictions works for me. However, I was shocked to learn that this 'mini' dish was a whopping 12 points! That's nearly 50% of my recommended daily allowance, it was only 12pm and my breakfast had amounted to 7 points! Oh well, as I said it was delicious and I remained relatively content 4.5 hours after consumption….pretty unheard of for me. All in all I recommend Pod, just don't get anything other than 'mini' sized unless you want to balloon beyond recovery.

You know you're getting older when you a) do the above and b) enjoy looking at books, well, I put it down to age. I have never ever been a book worm, ever, but for some reason I seem to get a real kick out of beautifully arranged bookshelf these days! And boy did Oliver Bonas at London St Pancras Station deliver…the criteria to make it onto this shelf must be…a) Have a fabulous cover b) Be about food or travel c) Make you want to put your better 'you'll get it cheaper on Amazon' thoughts aside. It's magical….I was most taken with a book on Glamping and a Vietnamese Street Food book….and as I headed to the till the book related spell was only broken due to the fact that I remembered why I was at the Station, my train was boarding and I had to abandon purchase and dash up the escalators to my train. I'm pleased the spell didn't last but I shall be Amazoning tonight, true story.




A pretty eventful, 'work day' for me and having discussed soda floats with a colleague this is now on my 'must do' for the weekend.

xo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment